Thursday, March 15, 2007

They followed me home!

I went to the shed to drop off some furniture.

When I got home, I found these:

Kin I keep ‘em?

They followed me home!

…kin I keep ‘em…?

Seriously, this may become a problem. I went there only to drop off the furniture, but dallied next to one of the stash boxes and then suddenly I said to myself, “But this is just so gorgeous! It’s peaceful! It’s a beautiful oceany color and I wantsssssssss it!”

I would try to say that I just won’t go into the boxes when I’m at the shed unattended but frankly – well, why shame myself further with bald-faced lies?! Because obviously, whenever there are no witnesses and yarn about, there will be yarn shopping and yarn buying and yarn bringing-homing. And this is even worse, because I don’t even have the guilt-pause while whipping out a credit card – it’s already mine, dammit, and I’ll bring it home if I wanna!!!

This is all a long way around to say: I think it for the best if, in future, my husband does all the shed-trips. I obviously cannot be trusted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a pair just like those and I must tell you I have frogged two different sock patterns because the repeats are so short they hide pretty much any pattern and pool oddly. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with them. I love the colors too but ended up stuffing them back in the stash. :-(

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I understand. You're saying this was a bad thing? But how? It's yarn! Yarn is good! Yarn keeps us from snatching our children bald in a fit of rage and using their hair to knit nooses. We likes yarn! Don't abandon the stash, whatever you do.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Steph -- yarn is an effective substitute for psychoactive drugs, and as such should be considered a prescription item. No guilt trips allowed...

Bev in TN said...

I alsowould be weak in the knees if I saw that yarn! It's yours! No need for guilt, but if you find guilt overwhelming and feel you need to "redeem" yourself, well just send the yarn to ME! ;-)

Amy Lane said...

oooh....I LOVE that colorway...peace...so peaceful...